What to Do If You or Your Loved One Is Involved in an Auto Accident During Spring Break

Auto Accident Attorney

Spring break is a fun time for a road trip, but alongside the freedom of the open road lurks the threat of an auto accident. If you or your loved one has been injured in a road traffic accident during spring break, Lonati Law Firm in Dallas, GA offers the following steps to deal with the situation.

Seek Medical Help

After an accident, it’s important to see a doctor to find out whether you have any injuries that could cause you future problems. Even injuries that seem minor can develop into long-term conditions if they aren’t treated properly. Whether you go to the emergency room immediately after the accident or see a doctor later, don’t underestimate the importance of seeking medical help.

Swap Contact Details

If you collide with another driver on the road, you need to exchange contact information with that person. Get their address, phone number, insurance details and license plate number since you’ll need these details when filing a claim with your insurance company.

Document the Scene

Before you leave the scene of the accident, take photos showing the damage to both vehicles and their positions on the road. If the other driver later disputes your account of the accident, you can use these photos as evidence to back up your case.

Contact a Lawyer

If the other driver claims the accident was your fault, or you want to bring a claim against them, you need to contact a lawyer who has experience dealing with road traffic accident claims. An auto accident attorney can help you fight for the maximum amount of compensation, ensuring that your medical bills are covered if you have been seriously injured.

Where to Get Help

Lonati Law Firm in Dallas, GA has many years of experience helping people claim compensation for road traffic accidents. If your spring break was spoiled by an accident on the road, don’t hesitate to get in touch for advice and support. Lonati’s expert attorneys can assess your case and advise you about claiming compensation for your injuries.